In close collaboration with other Commission services and its customers, our client at the European Commission builds and operates solutions in the areas of Legislation, Policy and Human Resources.
Amongst the solutions provided: HR solutions: SYSPER, e-Sire, NDP; Financial rights solutions: NAP, Assmal2, MiPS, Sermed, PABS; Personal selection solutions: Talent Suite, Candidate portal; Document management solutions: ARES, HAN; Decision making process solutions: DECIDE, ECI, etc.
The solution assignment may change over time, according to the portfolio/project/service needs.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the agile development team.
- Typically supervises several business analysts.
- Possesses an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the project.
- Interacts and validates requirements with the business
- Propose solutions by combining IT tools and business process refactoring or improvements based on an in-depth understanding of a specific business domain (see skills).
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog based on business value or return of investment.
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Is involved in the decision making process related to user stories scheduling into sprints.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (SCRUM).
- Participates to retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable product version/software functionalities after every sprint.
- Organizes live demonstration of the product at the end of the sprint.
- Facilitates the acceptance of the product by the business.
- Develops and maintains standards for testing.
- Provides progress reporting.
- May perform the role of Scrum master
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
A minimum educational qualification corresponds to a master degree of 5 years.
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
- Experience with large, enterprise-level multi-user Information Systems.
- Experience in Agile.
- Experience with ServiceNOW platform.
- Good knowledge of agile toolbox (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, BigPicture, Gliffy, Balsamiq, etc.).
- Good knowledge of Application Management Lifecycle
- Good knowledge of UML.
- Good knowledge of Visio.
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS:
Following certificates (one of): are required for the performance of tasks:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO),
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO),
- SAFe Product Owner or equivalent