Job ID: HNMJD2911
Role: Senior legal advisor (Wabo)
Location: Enschede, Netherlands
As senior legal advisor Wabo, you will work on applications for environmental permits, mostly on non-standard use. You prepare the legal decision-making by drafting letters and (draft) decisions. You will also consider opinions and notices of objection and appeal, and represent the municipality in legal defence in the administrative courts. What we find very important is that you deal creatively with laws and regulations. By this, we mean that for each situation, you look closely at the scope offered by the regulations, assess risks and advise on them. In doing so, the intention behind the law is important.
For your colleagues, you are an important advisor. For example, when it comes to assessing letters and decisions, but also when explaining spatial legislation or advising on projects and towards the administration. In addition to environmental permits, you will also have to deal with permits and decisions for the General Municipal Bye-Law, traffic decisions and the Bibob Act. Have draft zoning plans, spatial visions, new spatial initiatives in the city or new laws and regulations been drawn up? If so, you will help think about these products or developments and introduce them to the organisation. In short, a versatile job with plenty of opportunities to use your knowledge.
- This position suits you if you:
- have a good dose of 'farmer's sense';
- have a customer-oriented attitude, with great empathy;
- like a challenge;
- can explain rules and their background well to colleagues, residents and businesses in Enschede;
- think in solutions and use your creativity to the full;
- are analytical, flexible, communicatively strong and a team player;
- have a high degree of independence;
- have extensive knowledge of and experience in spatial administrative law.
In addition, you have a legally relevant Wo-diploma and extensive work experience.
You also recognise yourself in qualities such as environmental awareness, good conflict management and pleasant cooperation with colleagues, residents, businesses and other stakeholders.